Stress Management Counselling
Do you feel like the stress in your life is like pushing a boulder? Learn stress management techniques.
“Although we all talk about stress, it often isn’t clear what stress is really about. Many people consider stress to be something that happens to them, an event such as an injury or a promotion. Others think that stress is what happens to our body, mind and behaviour in response to an event (e.g. heart pounding, anxiety, or nail biting.) While stress does involve events and our response to them, these are not the most important factors. Our thoughts about the situations in which we find ourselves are the critical factor.” (CMHA, 2013)
There are many methods that can help with stress relief and management from things you can do at home to guided sessions from a counsellor or other specialists.
We can help you:
- assess and modify how you think about stressful situations
- identify your sources of stress
- develop more positive strategies to help you cope with stress
- practice techniques such as progressive muscle relaxation, passive muscle relaxation, or meditation
- identify your mental strengths (relaxation and imagery)
- identify your physical strengths (exercise and nutrition)
- identify your social strengths (communication skills and relationships)
- And… identify your emotional strengths (affirmations and breathing exercises)